With the holidays kicking off this week, it's the perfect time to take the cover off the hot tub and plan family gatherings around warm, bubbly water. Below you'll find some tips and advice on how to make your hot tub a fun part of your Thanksgiving.
We are Thankful for Lounge Seats and 28 Stainless Steel Jets
Get the tub warmed up as your guests start to arrive. Invite people to soak while they wait for the turkey to cook, and to soak while the turkey digests happily in their bellies. It's a great way to distract the kids and placate the teenagers. Something about a hot tub really brings a family together, and might even help prevent those awkward holiday arguments. Here are some ideas for making the tub a big part of Thanksgiving dinner:
- To encourage guests to use the tub, have them bring their suits and towels.
- Pick up hot tub accessories like this towel table and stools so there's a place to put towels and drinks and other guests and hang out and visit with the soakers.
- A small table nearby is a good place to set plates so food stays out of the tub.
- Consider adding some spa steps with handrails, so grandma and grandpa can get in and out of the tub easily.
Don't Get into Hot Water While in the Hot Water
As always, you'll need to take precautions while the tub is in use to make sure everyone stays safe. A few things to keep an eye on:
- A sober adult should always be monitoring the tub if there are children or pets in the home. It can be easy to get distracted by Auntie Amy's crazy stories, but it can only take a second for a child or pet to fall into the tub and get into trouble. Consider assigning non-drinking guests as hot tub monitors in half-hour increments.
- Disallow drinks and food in the tub. In addition to getting the water gross, spilled food and drinks can be a safety hazard and can damage the hot tub's system. Encourage guests to use nearby tables and benches and to exit the tub to eat and drink.
- Prevent guests from drinking heavily and then using the tub, as they could pass out and injure themselves and others.
- Eating a big meal can make people drowsy. Throw in a little wine and you have a recipe for a satisfying nap. Keep an eye on the tub after dinner and get sleepy soakers out and onto the couch instead to prevent accidental drowning.
Happy Thanksgiving, to All of Our Super Soakers!
From all of us here at spasandstuff.com, Happy Thanksgiving! We hope your holiday is full of good food, good company, and good soaking.