How much do you know about the materials your hot tub is made from? OAS--or Olefin Acrylonitrile Styrene--and Acrylic are two materials manufacturers use in making hot tubs. Both materials are celebrated, yet differences exist.
Some differences between OAS and Acrylic:
- OAS can be applied at a cost-efficient price by manufacturers, so hot tubs made of this material may be found at a better price.
- The "finished shine" on a hot tub made of OAS may appear more modest in comparison to an acrylic tub.
- Acrylic hot tubs are very easy to clean because of their non-porous finish.
- Acrylic offers many colors and styles of finishes, such as simulated granite hot tubs.
Enemies to the shell
Inquire about specific information regarding a hot tub of your interest. Exact tub material composition can vary. The shell needs to be tenacious and resistant. Consider resistance to:
- UV rays
- hot tub cleaning chemicals
- customer weight and number
- fluctuations in temperature
The more you know about your tub, the better you can care for it and the longer it will last.